Subject: [Leica] Re: Rollei and Leica
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 10:27:26 -0800

A Rollei TLR is QUIETER than a Leica, and the right-angle viewing probably
makes it more discreet as well.

A Rollei in its everready case is a true traveller's camera: the case
flips open very easily for use, but it also affords a lot of protection
against bumps and scrapes.  When I'm on the road this is often the only
camera I bring.

I'm trying to think of downsides to the TLR, but it's hard: obviously,
there are no interchangable lenses. The shutter is vibration-free, but
it's tricky to hand-hold the camera at waist-level for "available light"
shots -- perhaps a prism would make things easier here.

Buy it!

Byron.

I agree 100% with Byron. I am taking a trip soon from San Francisco to
Montreal, then to NYC via Amtrak. I will be carrying the Rollieflex and the
M3. The two great classics!
Bill Lawlor