Subject: [Leica] Re: Rolleimeter
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 15:57:16 -0800

Yes, the Rollei has a 'sports finder' as part of the Waist
Level Finder.  There is no focusing or accurate framing when using the
'sports finder' though

What is needed here is the little known, and less appreciated, Rolleimeter
split image rangefinder accessory for Rolleiflex TLR cameras. I was just
toying with mine yesterday. It is a precision gadget that mounts in front of
the sportsfinder/hood cover. It is linked to the moving lensboard and
features true 1:1 both eyes open viewing and a big clear rangefinder spot in
the middle of your view. I use mine with the hood down and I can see all the
normal range of my vision while composing and focusing at eye level. Also
available is the Rolleigrip handle with trigger operated cable release. I've
actually walked around in public with this combo and people justifiable
wonder if I am from the planet Mongo. (They do that sometimes when I have no
camera in hand.)
Bill Lawlor