Subject: Re: [Leica] Neopan 1600 and Rodinal
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 00:14:46 -0800

><Snip>
>
> The best ones were taken in situations where I remember shooting the film at +1
> stop, or ISO 800.
>
> The thinnest ones were shots of my wife sitting near a window, and some low
> light shots in my house in varying conditions. Very high contrast, very little
> shadow detail, and I remember shooting them right at the meter reading. You
> could argue that I underexposed those frames, and I guess you'd be right.
>
> What this means to me is that I'll do better to shoot this film at about ISO
> 800 most of the time, especially if the light is contrasty.
>
> Pete

Pete an underdeveloped film roll of film will have it's apparent best shots on
it the ones you've overexposed.
That doesn't mean you should over expose the whole roll next time.
I just means you need to develop more and expose correctly.
Again I'll recommend giving 1600asa a shot with Neopan 1600.
Unless you're meter's way off it would work with enough development.
The film is no way underrated I've used it for over a decade.
I'm one who feels it's a shame to over expose film. Especially 35mm film.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

Updated ALL MY DESIGN webpage
http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/
but still very much in progress
at least i've got my personal work on my own thing now!