Subject: Re: [Leica] Neopan 1600 and Rodinal
From: Pete Su <psu_13@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 19:09:33 -0800 (PST)

> that surprises me. When you say 'thin' do you mean 'flat'? Thin negs are
> usually a result of underexposure. Neopan 1600 is around 1200-1600 true
> speed from my own tests. In dilute Rodinal you should get at least that
> speed if not more.

So I should qualify.

Like all rolls of 35mm film, there were frames taken at various exposure
levels.

The best ones were taken in situations where I remember shooting the film at +1
stop, or ISO 800.

The thinnest ones were shots of my wife sitting near a window, and some low
light shots in my house in varying conditions. Very high contrast, very little
shadow detail, and I remember shooting them right at the meter reading. You
could argue that I underexposed those frames, and I guess you'd be right.

What this means to me is that I'll do better to shoot this film at about ISO
800 most of the time, especially if the light is contrasty.

Pete