Subject: Re: [Leica] Off topic: finding a portrait studio
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:51:31 -0800

><Snip>
> My question is: how do I look for a portrait photographer who could do
> this? When I use yellow pages and web searches, all I find are the
> national chains. Is there some forum, some directory, some meeting
> ground where independent portrait photographers announce their
> existence and look for work?

Don't look in the Portrait section of the yellow pages for a photographer to
shoot your family!!!
Look under the commercial photography section!
IMO 92 percent of the Portrait photographers are hacks
but only 33 percent of the commercial photographers are hacks.
Many commerical photographers will shoot real people, but many will not.
I'd say it was 50 50.
Then there is the Photographers: Arial section if your family wants a portrait
taken in a free fall circle!
Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

Updated ALL MY DESIGN webpage
http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/
but still very much in progress
at least i've got my personal work on my own thing now!