Subject: Re: [Leica] rolleiflex irritation
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 22:51:22 -0800

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> Allright, I will admit to one frustration with the Rolleiflex. When you have
> it on a tripod at head height, as you might when taking a portrait of
> someone standing up for example, it is (a) impossible to focus without
> something to stand on and (b) next to impossible to change shutter/aperture
> without something to stand on.
>
> The answer is to find something to stand on, of course.
> --
> John Brownlow
>
> http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Or waist level shooting!
I've got all the Prisms for my Hasselblad system and i never use them.
Love the folding finder for them and the Rolleiflex TLR as well.
I even have a prism for the Rolleiflex!
My point being medium format gets shot waist level an awful lot at least by me.
And a waist level tripod is a handy thing!
Eye level tripod shooting requires a monster tripod in my opinion
Makings tripods for 35mm shooting a tougher proposition than for medium format.
Despite the weight.
Eye level is so much higher than waist level!
Eye level is like the Eifel tower.
Waist level is like the second floor of a split level.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

Updated ALL MY DESIGN webpage!!