Subject: RE: [Leica] Jupiter 85mm f2
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:04:59 +0100

Dante,
Nice post ;-)

Just to add to the interest, I can add a couple more 105mm lenses made for
the LTM system...
The British made a lens called the Trinol (105/3.5) which was a coupling of
a National Optical Company lens head made in Leicester as an adjunct to
Taylor Hobson's factory there, with a focusing mount made by Stewartry in
Scotland. This mount may well suit left eye users as it focuses in the
opposite direction to practically every other lens made - quite
perturbing...
I bought my fourth example at the weekend, a late (035508) specimen which
is coated and has a black barrel (though all seem to posess a chrome
mounting ring). Early versions (e.g. 034903) had chrome barrels, these seem
quite uncommon. The coating seems to have been introduced between nos.
035236 and 035330.

The second lens which favoured this focal length was made by (Sankyo)
Komura in Japan, and though I have one of the viewfinders to match I don't
have a lens.

regards,
Jem