Subject: [Leica] Re: SNAPS & England & the LHS
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 06:52:33 -0500

Luggers,
    After returning home from London yesterday, I read through the past few
days of posts, and I was going to respond to the use of the term "snaps" for
photographs.
    But, Ted Grant beat me to it... Thanks Ted....
    However, I must add, I do like using the word "snaps" around pretentious
people,  who  talk about "images" and "the photographs." Personally, I do
not create images, I take pictures!!!
    Please allow me a moment to say thank you to Doug Richardson and his
wife for a wonderful dinner, and the help he gave me in getting around.
Nathan, it was great to see you again, and I glad you get a nice "snap" out
of it.
     Lastly, the Leica Historical Society (the English one) had a wonderful
meeting at Bletchley Park, where the W.W.II Enigma code was broken. The
speaker was excellent, the tour fascinating and the camaraderie GREAT.
Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> ([Leica] WAS: SNAPS & England & the LHS: NOW "snaps use")