Subject: [Leica] WAS: SNAPS & England & the LHS: NOW "snaps use"
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 06:38:58 -0800

Sal DiMarco,Jr.  wrote:
> [...]
pretentious people,  who  talk about "images" and "the photographs."
Personally, I do  not create images, I take pictures!!!<<<<<<

HI Sal,
about "images" and "the photographs." <<<<<<

You are so right about the "pretentious people" as they drive me crazy with
their BS and high faluting air of "creators of images etc etc " and walk
around like they are the only ones who "truly understand" photography. Hell
most of them couldn't shoot their way out of a wet developer tray!

And when I get one of them on the hook I become a Jeykell & Hyde character
and just love to take their pseudo creations and attitudes apart in big term
use:  "WOW! A smashing snap, you sure are a great creator of snaps! How did
you do that?" Of course saying it in a quiet voice with large inflections of
serious tones and appearing as in awe.

And other "nice terms" which the "image creator" thinks I'm being
complimentary when in fact I'm shredding them and their dumb ass pretentious
attitude along with the lousy piece of "created image."

Now folks I've just confessed to being a little more than "Mr. Nice Guy!"
:-) :-) Best bet?  Don't give me any "pretentious airs!"  ;-)
ted

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] WAS: SNAPS & England & the LHS: NOW "snaps use")