Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Reassembling a BEOON close-up stand
From: "Edward J Kowaleski" <edwardkg@umd.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:20:47 -0500

Doug Richardson wrote:

> I believe that the lens should be fitted with the flat side nearest
> the eye, and the curved side on the inside, while the screen should be
> mounted with its matt (ground) side facing the downward, but it would
> be good to get this confirmed.
>
> Regards,
>
> Doug Richardson

I bought a BEOON at a garage sale and I have never used it.  When I opened
the box it was obvious that the previous owners(s) had never used it
either. So, on the unused unit that I have the eyepiece glass has the flat
side facing your eyeball and the convex side faces the base of the BEOON.
Similarly the "glossy" side of the matte screen should face your eye and
the matte surface should face the base of the BEOON.

I'll have to use this sometime.

Good luck, Ed Kowaleski