Subject: [Leica] Re: Alpex finder?
From: "Edward Kieltyka" <ekieltyka@twmi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:48:35 -0500

Douglas Cooper <douglas@dysmedia.com> wrote:

> I've just come into possession of a fine Alpex zoom finder,
> thanks to Michael Berube on the list. Optically superb --
> brighter than the Russian turret thing, and ergonomically
> superior. The only thing I prefer about the Russian finder
> is that it centers the finder right over the lens on an M3 --
> this one skews things to the right.  (Any hints on how to
> fix this would be appreciated -- one of the Voigtlander/
> Cosina double shoes?)

The Voigt double shoe adapter will offset the finder slightly to the left
but not enough to center it over the lens on an LTM or M camera. I'm
surprised Mr. Kobayashi didn't catch this one. :-) I often use a Nikon
Varifocal finder with my IIIf and C*nt*x IIa and with the former must
remember to compensate (a touch up and to the right after framing) with
wider lenses. With my 85 and 135mm lenses it doesn't seem to be an issue.

- -Dave-