Subject: [Leica] A question for collectors - M4 Midland (black chrome)
From: William Gower <w.gower@home.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:07:06 -0400

I know this is a "users group", but there must be some collectors on the
list, right?

After being on the list for about a year now, I'm hesitant to ask one of
those "what's it worth ?..." questions.

*but*

I came across a M4 the other day in an unlikely place. At first glance, I
thought it was a M4-P, but as it turns out, it's an M4 "Midland". Black
chrome - really nice condition. Not mint, but really nice. Lovingly used by
a single owner is the best way of putting it. Plus the box.

I know these are pretty rare - only 550 made, as per Cameraquest.

I'm not a collector, and the last thing I need is to buy a Camera that I
shouldn't use on account of it's rarity. I'm just really curious, on account
I can't seem to find an accurate value guide anywhere.

What's $$ range would a M4 Midland fall into ? Off-list replies preferred.

Regards

William

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] A question for collectors - M4 Midland (black chrome))
Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] A question for collectors - M4 Midland (black chrome))