Subject: Re: [Leica] Off topic: finding a portrait studio
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:19:01 -0500

At 10:51 PM 3/27/01 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>A commercial photographer will charge you $180 for their time and $20 for
>the print.
>A portrait photographer will charge you $20 for their time and $180 for
>the print. (With a one print minimum)
>I'll take deal number one.

There are many portrait/wedding photographers who charge for the shoot and
not the upsell. I am one. (I'm not coming to Palo Alto though.) :)

Shop around Brian. The truth is out there.
There is probably also a local PP group in Palo Alto as well as the PPA.
Many local shooters belong to one or the other, not both. (Maine has the
Maine Professional Photographers Association for instance. California
probably has several such groups local to you.)

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Bérubé
http://www.GoodPhotos.com