Subject: Re: [Leica] Wedding Photography
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:36:17 -0500

At 12:53 PM 3/28/01 -0500, w.gower@netmail.home.com wrote:
>He was very unobtrusive, and mananaged to gather the guests and family
>members for the formal shots quickly - the formal shots were his forte.
>Although, in about 10 shots, I have a large flower sticking out of my
>head. They make me mad every damn time I see them ! How could he not have
>noticed the damn thing behind me!!
>
>His big selling point was that he handed over the unexposed film at the
>end and let us do what ever we wanted. They stayed in the fridge until we
>got back from our honeymoon, then processed at a local professional lab.
>(In hindsight, I wish I had done the B+W myself - Tri-X and HC110 is an
>awful combination, which was what the lab used.)

Herein lies the difference between a Professional Weekend Warrior and an
Dabbling Weekend Warrior. For the most part, when a Pro (weekender or
breadwinner) has a bad shot (and there are always bad shots on a roll no
matter how good you are) the client will NEVER see it.

An Amateur/Dabbler on the other hand, doesn't necessarily care all that
much about his work or his reputation and is only looking for his cash up
front and will therefore just hand over his film unprocessed to be
developed at the nearest Walmart. (oh, the horror!)

These Amateurs are the fools who give all Part Timers a bad name. Most of
them either get smart and start being more conscientious about their final
project or they move on to other money making schemes because they develop
a bad reputation of low quality.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube
http://www.GoodPhotos.com