Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 - mark on rewind lever
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:39:40 -0800

Denis Boisclair wrote:
> [...]
find that there is a tiny bright mark in the form of a line across the lift
up
rewind lever.

I was puzzled as to how I could have made this mark - I keep the camera in
an ever-ready case and cosset it like a baby!

On close examination I find that this mark coincides exactly with the edge
of the slot on the rewind 'button' into which the lever is lowered and held,
for rewinding purposes.

Is this something which other members have experienced - and if not - I
wonder why not!!!  Unfortunately, small as it is, this blemish must
prejudice the camera's
'mint' status...<<<<<<<<

Hi Denis,

I suppose one should ask, did you buy the camera to take pictures or to put
on the shelf in it's "never ready case" as an investment?  If the former
then don't sweat it as it's just a damn picture taking machine so loaded it
with film, throw yourself out of the house and have a wonderful time making
exposures with one of the world's truly great cameras. :-) And prepare
yourself for many more scratches, dings and trivial bumps and bangs over the
ensuing years..

However, if you did purchase it for a speculative monetary gain at sometime
in the future and feel you've received a flawed camera due to this miniscule
scratch I'd take it back to the dealer and demand a completely unmarked
version!

I doubt any others have scrutinized their cameras as well as you must have
to discover this mark, certainly something I'd not even blink about even if
I did, as I'm a photographer and user of many Leica cameras at the same time
and over many years. But then that's the life and realities of a user
shooter compared to a collector or investor of Leica equipment.

The answer to your dilemma is yourself and your requirements for the future.
And as I mentioned earlier, it's just a camera and not some kind of gold
plated idol.

Over to you lad.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited