Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 - mark on rewind lever
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:36:41 -0800

Right on Ted - first thing I did with my M6 about five years ago was take it
out in the rain for a test roll. No coddling my baby!  Must have "trained"
it well, too. The same camera has since been drenched in salt water spray
twice - once up near Kodiak when a sudden wave came over the bow of an open
skiff (while I had the camera back open to change film, even!); the other
time under the Golden Gate bridge, when a Coast Guard 47' boat driver
interpreted my radio signal to get a "little" closer as a "LOT" closer. He
really dowsed all of us in the Zodiak, including my M6.

Both times, I spent an hour or two cleaning camera and lenses with fresh
water. Everything came out right as rain! So train those Leicas for the
tough times right from the start! Show 'em who's boss! *Use* Leica's;
*invest* in stocks. . . er, bonds maybe . . .

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger

PS It's really easy to break in your Leica's with aerial photography, too.
You can't even hear them go "CLUNK" against each other over the noise of the
aircraft.

baby

Ted's response > it's just a damn picture taking machine so loaded it

Message from "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <cartersn@nsula.edu> (Re: [Leica] M6 - mark on rewind lever)
Message from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] M6 - mark on rewind lever)