Subject: [Leica] What price for a CLA?
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:29:21 -0800

I picked up a used IIIf bd and Summitar.  The lens is clear and smooth
operating, the rangefinder is clear and seems to be in perfect alignment,
and the viewfinder is clear.  The shutter is sticking on slow speeds and,
when I took the body casing off, could see the curtain leaks light like
crazy.  What should I expect for a shutter overhaul with new curtains,
assuming the RF and VF don't require attention?

Tom Schofield