Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Tripod Lust
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:45:06 -0800

I have a Gitzo 1228... it is not the tripod that is heavy, it is the head!
Pick a good head, and you are back up in weight....pick a light weight head
and you have junk.  We can not win as yet...... we need a titanium ball
head!  Arca Swiss or Kirk... are you listening?

The 1228 is fine for even 4x5 cameras.  If you have the MK2 vewrsion, there
is a hook ( Jim Brick, please note!) that allows you to hang your camera
bag.... and that gives extra "set" to the legs, making the whole thing more
steady.

BTW, if anyone has a 1227 and wants a 1228, I would swap.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net