Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-2
From: "Julian Thomas" <julianthomas@terra.es>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:22:47 +0200

Tom the M4-2 is a great camera, not collectable so prices are ok. It is
basically an M4-P without the 28 and 75mm framelines. It was the first
camera where Leica adopted a 'chuck it if it is broke' approach to servicing
so parts need rplacing rather than adjusting. I have one and it is my fave
body (I also have a M6ttl and an M6 classic. The shutter release is shorter
than the M6 due to there not being a meter. Great camera, but budget for a
CLA (also a softie, rapidwinder/grip!! ;-)).

Julian