Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 13 "smart blur"?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:03:06 -0800

Matt Kollasch wrote:

> Hi Mark,  I hate it when I don't understand something and have to go
> public w/ my ignorance (happens all too often :-) ... but I guess I am
> not so smart about "smart blur."  Can you smarten me up on this, Mark?
> THANKS.  /matt

It's one of the 4 softening filters they give you in Photoshop.
The picture looks computer softened some how.
My early scans often looked like this i just fired one off to somebody 5 minutes ago.
	..after much cloning (taking the dust out*) I'd add some noise and get an
overall softened look)
too much noise is easy to do.
* I think i know what it is. You used the dust and scratches filter. But set a
bit too high perhaps.
Am i right?
It does look darn soft I'm not trying to drive it into the ground, just curious
if it was intentional, unintentional, or just me.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/