Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Chat / high French prices
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 07:42:00 +0200

Tarek,

It is really Leica or the French distributor who sets the prices in France? I think
it is the latter and Leica Solms can do little about it.

Secondly, and here I am preaching my usual tune: I do not understand why French
Leica buyers pay these prices. Germany is next door with prices 20-40% lower; there
is no exchange rate risk since it is all in Euro now anyway; there are no customs
duties or French VAT to pay since both countries are in the EU. So why anybody
would cough up 3000 EUR or more in France for an M6 when the same camera can be had
for 2500 EUR in any German mail order shop is beyond me.

Nathan

Tarek Charara wrote:

> And now, let's hope they will lower the prices in France!
>
> Tarek
>
> > At 09:10 PM 30-03-01 +0200, Tarek Charara wrote:
> >>
> >> They surely cencored some messages! The comment I sent about extremely high
> >> prices of Leica equipment in France never appeared... at least on my screen.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch