Subject: RE: [Leica] Bessa T, 29/1,9 and 21/4 (long!)
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 07:37:10 -0400

Tom,

> The 75/1,4 did show some mis-focus at extreme
> close-up, but that could have been my doing. It was a bit of a
> hit and miss.

If you haven't done so already, you will want to test the 75 at nearest
focus, f1.4, on a tripod with both the Bessa T and an M6 body (.85x pref.).
Since the Noct focuses fine close and wide, I suspect your 75 may suffer the
same problem as mine (and other samples): at < 1.5 m, its focus begins to
creep closer than the RF indicates.  At .7 m, mine focuses a full 3 inches
closer than its target (as tested on two different bodies).

Dan