Subject: RE: [Leica] OT: New Digital Scanner Option
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 10:56:58 -0600

>Henry,
>
>Thanks for your feedback on the Polaroid SS 4000.
>
>The part intrigued me....
>
>> Polaroid service in the US is pretty good too. They offer a service
>> contract that gives you advance shipment replacement. They send you a
>> loaner when you call and you send them yours to be repaired, then you
>> send theirs back after yours is returned so you are only without a
>> scanner for 24-48 hours. Well worth the cost if you NEED a scanner all
>> the time.
>
>Wouldn't it be wonderful if Leica offered the same?
>
>Dan

You know, there are lots of companies much worse than Leica. Lots and
lots!
You should try to get something to happen with Nikon. I bought a new
Nikon lens that was defective out of the box - that took 6 weeks to
replace. Nikon refused to replace it for me and insisted that my dealer
handle it. Their rep was rude.
They did not have another to give me. FINALLY I got a new lens from the
dealer.

I think Leica USA is above average regarding service. They do havea
professional service program but I have not taken the time to fill out
the forms to get qualified.
For all the complaints I see here on the LUG I have had good service both
times I sent them an item for repair, one week turn-around on warranty
service which is quite reasonable, I think.

Henry

Replies: Reply from "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <cartersn@nsula.edu> (Re: [Leica] Digital Scanner Option (Now Leica Service))