Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Not Leica quality
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 17:20:14 EDT

Steve:

If you look at Erwin Puts' evaluation of the Cosina/Voigtlander lenses on his
website, you will see that many of the examples he tested had decentered
element(s), with obvious adverse effect on optical performance. It is
entirely possible that your example was similarly disfigured; that would
explain the difference in vignetting on one side.

I'm awaiting more on this discussion since I have been considering buying one
of the 15mm Heliars.

Seth