Subject: RE: [Leica] [leica] Help re VUESCAN
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 08:55:59 -0700

I can't offer any specific suggestions for your problem, but I can tell you where to send support questions:  Ed's email address is support@hamrick.com

I can vouch for the level of support he provides, too.  I downloaded version 7.0.8 yesterday morning, and had a problem running it on my SS4000 with the autofocus parameter set to "Scan" (all previous versions had worked fine).  I sent Ed email at 11:00 a.m.  yesterday (Sunday) detailing the problem, and at 7:00 I had a response in my inbox telling me to try version 7.0.9 that he had just put on the web.  I tried it, and my problem was solved.  In these days of non-responsive manufacturers, this level of personal support is unprecedented - it will keep me loyal, that's for sure!

To keep it on topic, the slides I was scanning were Provia 400F shot with my new 28 Summicron.  What an amazing combination!  As an old HP5 junky I'm addicted to 400 ISO films, and this one is just lovely.  Great natural colours (not too saturated), much less visible grain than Supra 400 neg film, plenty sharp - all around a nice, nice film.  And the more I use that 28, the grinner I get :-)))

Paul Chefurka

Replies: Reply from "Julian Thomas" <julianthomas@terra.es> (Re: [Leica] [leica] Help re VUESCAN)