Subject: Re: [Leica] Cosina acquires Leica!!!
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 09:41:11 -0400

Contract hit, hell....This would be the best thing that could possibly
happen to Leica and Leica users....Sooner or later, someone is going to
swallow Leica whole...It maybe someone like the handbag maker that has
already bitten off 1/3rd, it make be a Korean dishwasher manufacturer,
or, if we are incredibly lucky, it will be Mr. Kobayashi, who is clearly
devoted to preserving rangefinders as a working alternative to the
combination microwave oven and cameras which have taken over the rest of
the photographic market. He and Cosina clearly have the deep pockets,
and commitment, not only to preserve what Leica already is and has, but
to continue the R&D to carry it into the future.

So, great job on the April Fool's joke, Ken. And I, for one, will say a
little prayer each night that it some day become reality.

B. D.