Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop! The Leica of...
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 10:00:14 -0400

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> Photoshop isn't hard. It's no harder than you Leica.
>
> If I had one request to the Photoshop Gods (apart from 16-bit layers, that
> is) it would be for an extended 'custom' filter that would let you create
> new filters based on the matrix model, but with a lot more control.

Come on, JD, "no harder than your Leica?" In a pig's eye! I love
PhotoShop, but it's no all mechanical Leica M. Your very comment about
wanting a custom filter that would allow the creating of "new filters
based on the matrix model" proves it. The what?!!??

I think the reality is that folks who master, or quasi-master PhotoShop
tend to forget how damn complex it is, and how steep the learning curve.

BTW, I'm not suggesting that it isn't worth the effort, just pointing
out that there really is a great deal of effort involved in begining to
master the program...

B. D.

Replies: Reply from "faneuil" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com> ([Leica] Photoshop for Photgraphers)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Photoshop! The Leica of...)