Subject: [Leica] R8 and older lens
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 15:02:30 EDT

The R8 instruction

booklet stated something to the effect that my 60mm needs to be ROMed,

otherwise it can/will damage the camera.  That's why I was wondering

about the cost.

It costs about $195 from Leica USA to have the lens ROMed, but you don't
really need to. With that lens it will only come into play for flash exposure
and I am not aware of any damage that will occur in using a 3-cam lens on an
R8. (Yes, I have done it.)

cheers,
Rich/PVI