Subject: [Leica] Bessa R Conquers Antarctic
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 21:29:45 -0700

I received this short email  from a Bessa R customer who just got back from
the Antarctic.  He included a pic which will be on my Bessa R page in the
next few days.  he writes:

"My long Antarctic season is, finally, over. But no complaints. Lots of
success with my censusing and other work.

Wanted to tell you that the Bessa-R and f2.5 35mm did rather well,
indeed (see attached Weddell seal phot), surviving quite well through
ambient temps of -3C to +4C and wind chills as low as -8 to -10C.
Probably the furthest south the R has thus far been. Quite useful for
lots of the photo documentation that our Inventory generates. Take care
of her and she survives nicely."

frankly,  I had no idea how the R would do in that cold weather, but I'm
happy to hear it it worked fine even in that environment.   Of course,
probably not everyone could do this, but then he did have an ENTIRE day to
play with his new camera before leaving for the Antarctic.

Stephen

Replies: Reply from "Dante A. Stella" <dante@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Bessa R Conquers Antarctic)