Subject: Re: [Leica] M6E
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:30:19 -0700

> >I guess the point of this poorly-delivered joke is that you shouldn't hold
> >your breath waiting for Solms to send you the messianic M6E (which name
> >was, as far as I can tell, invented by Stephen Gandy).
> >
> >Dante

a few years ago Christies auctioned off a  M6E top plate as an official Leica
product.

I've been told the that at least one working M6E prototype was made in the
early '80s,  an alternative to what we know as the M6 classic, but that Leica
decided to make the M6 due to the M6E's much higher cost.    I have not yet
been able to confirm that story.    If anyone has info on this,  I would be
happy to more about it.

Stephen

Message from John Collier <jbcollier@home.com> (Re: [Leica] ODDS and ends)
Message from Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com> (Re: [Leica] ODDS and ends)