Subject: Re: [Leica] NEED ADVISE FOR FILM TANK
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 20:14:58 +0100

> I can load the Jobo reels faster than any I've tried. I am literally
> pushing the film on. No winding, just push it on about 5-6 inches at
> time. I done in seconds - maybe 10 seconds from start to clipping
off the
> spool. 35mm only, 120 does not work this way!

Me too!  On a good day I dont need to wind, 36 frames pushed straight
on, if the film is being a bit awkward I do the back and forth wind,
loads a film in 15 seconds at a guess.  Never had any problems with
sticky reels from wetting agents but I always rinse the reel and tank
after use in tap water.  This is with Patterson and generic brand
Patterson clones, havent used Jobo.

I cant see how the stainless reels could be easier, though they do
look nicer!

Jason Hall