Subject: Re: [Leica] New 50mm Elmar
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 13:37:43 EDT

Dans un courrier dat=E9 du 09/04/01 08:22:39 Paris, Madrid (heure d'=E9t=E9)=
,=20
csemetko@earthlink.net a =E9crit :

<< Hey gang,
=20
 Does anybody have experience with the new 50mm elmar? I have a 50 Summilux
 but am considering the Elmar for walk around daytime use. The black version
 is much lighter than the silver and much lighter than the summilux, and
 extends about ten millimeters less. How is the performance? I notice Stephe=
 Gandy isn't too high on it, so I'm just wondering if that's the general
 consensus or not.
=20
 Thanks in advance,
=20
 Craig

Hello Craig . I had a chrome example a few months ago .
It's a good all around lens .
But if you carry an M6 with the lens folded , you will still=20
loose some time if you want rapid action .
If you really want to put the camera in a pocket , just=20
remove the lens and put the body on one side and the lens=20
in the other pocket .
Also , I cannot tell you exactly about performance at 2.8 ,
as I didn't do a live test on it .
But it's a very interesting lens in terms of mecanical engineering .
No other brand makes such a thing .
I would have kept it but I had to pay for a 35 cron asph that I wanted .
chears

JO GOODTIMES -FRANCE/ AIRBORNE RADAR TECH / LIVE FREE OR DIE