Subject: Re: [Leica] New 50mm Elmar
From: rshuntl@netscape.net (Steve Huntley)
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 21:22:09 -0400

  I have a 50mm black Elmar and I think it's a great lens. It is very sharp and contrast is excellent. It is very light and when collapsed, you can slide your M6 into your pants pocket. It feels heavy and bulky, but if you're wearing something like pleated dockers, no one will notice you have an expensive camera and lens in your pocket (a plus for when you happen to find yourself riding home past midnight on a Chicago subway or elevated train). I highly recommend it.
     Steve