Subject: Re: [Leica] R series
From: Pascal <cyberdog@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 18:55:43 +0200

On 15-04-2001 12:14, Steve Barbour wrote:

>I am considering a purchase of a used R body...R7 vs R8. Assuming a good
>price on each, (and not considering cost) could people familiar with each
>please help me ...... pro's and con's that would influence my purchase, and
>keep me from making an expensive mistake. Thank you.

Hi Steve,

no doubt: go for the R8.

I have a body with serial 241XXXX and it works flawless. Leica Solms
inspected the camera/winder combo when I was in Solms in the Fall of 1998
and replaced a contact and switch in both (it was a routine inspection).

You should not worry at all, there is a five years international warranty
with every R8, old or new.

Pascal

Visit my photo pages at http://members.nbci.com/cyberplace
<<< PGP public key available upon request >>>