Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Re: Medium format camera for a Leica user?
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:43:39 -0400

I have to second Marc and Byron on their choices, and also to point out that
the other post where you were advised to 'bring lotsa cash' is where the
Rollei is a good choice- you can find a Rollei TLR in great shape, and have
it completely refurbed by Harry Fleenor, and come out spending less for the
complete camera than you'd spend on a Hassy lens-
Not that I have anything against Hasselblad or the others mentioned, but
they do require a hefty investment, and you are just exploring now! The
Rollei will give you the best 'bang' for your buck, IMHO, since it has the
superb Schneider or Zeiss lens, and too, after you have one fixed- it'll
last you another 30-40 years should you decide you like MF. If you find that
you don't like the MF, then you have not shot an extremely large wad of
money finding out!
Good luck!
Dan