Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Medium format camera for a Leica user?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:07:20 -0400

> Austin,
> Speaking of being on a crusade!

On another list Arthur has been posting most anything he can to belittle and
provide erroneous information about the Hasselblad vs the Rollei, for
whatever reason.  I think they are both superb cameras.

> The original post was a question about what might be a suitable MF camera
> for a current Leica user.
> The answer could be ANY camera depending on the
> users needs/wants. Everyone will answer with their opinions and nobody
> needs to be RIGHT! Except you it seems.

You best go read what Arthur posted, because what you said has nothing to do
with what I responded to WRT Arthur.  I agree that it can be any MF camera
that suits someone's needs.  That is not what Arthur did.  Arthur took the
time to claim what I said was wrong, when it wasn't.

> I am happy for you that you have found your perfect MF camera with just
> the lenses and features you want. Now that you have reached Nirvana, how
> about making room for other's ideas on this?

Ideas, yes.  Bullshit and misinformation, NO.

> Could it be that others
> might have different needs? And be perfectly happy with something else
> beside YOUR personal choice?

Absolutely, but that has nothing to do with what Arthur said, and I replied
to.  Go back and read his post.

> Arthur specifically referred to the Rollei 6008 in his post. Its not
> awkward to focus.

Er, in my opinion it is compared to the Hasselblad.  I know other 6008 users
that feel the same way.

> And the
> shutter speeds are not difficult to change, they're right there on the
> side of the camera in 1/3 stops no less.

Talk about making room for other's opinions/  I find it difficult to change
compared to the Hasselblad.  You may not, but I do.  That's my opinion.  Do
you have both systems?  Have you spent time with both?

> Why be so contentious?

Ask Arthur!  He's the one who follows every Hasselblad post of mine with
some erroneous bullshit about how the Rollei is smaller, faster, lighter,
easier to use etc. etc. and always fails to provide any facts to back up his
absurd claims.

> Please stop being a thorn by having to be right all the time.

I prefer to let the facts speak for them selves.

> How about writing politely - as if you were speaking face to face with
> the person(s), please?

I have tried to be quite polite to Arthur, and have given up being polite to
him, as he does not deserve it.

> Henry
>
> btw, "before you open your mouth again" is enough to get the hell slapped
> out of you in some parts of the world. I suspect you would not speak so
> crudely to anyone face to face.

And I wouldn't take his, or anyone else's, bullshit face to face either.
Some people deserve the benefit of the doubt...but he has worn out his
benefits at this point in time.