Subject: Re: [Leica] TMax 100... and Leica glass
From: "Dan States" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 23:48:52 -0000

XTOL is a Kodak product.  As far as I know  it is one of the newest black
and white developers.  It's outstanding characteristic is minimal grain with
really remarkable sharpness when combined with Tmax films.  I have heard
good things about it in TRI-X but never used that combo.  With Delta 100 it
was not as good as D-76. (more grain to my eye)

It can give slightly thin negs unless you expose a little more or develope
about 20% more than spec.  I prefer the extra exposure route for shadow and
highlight issues.  The sharpness is so tremendous with Tmax100 that the 1/2
stop more is of little or no practical effect.

Best wishes
Dan States
Madison WI