Subject: RE: [Leica] R series
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:53:29 -0400

Pascal,

> you mean: apart from lack of AF and/or electronic focus confirmation ? :-)

Actually, I see these as benefits.  Now that Contax has gone AF, it seems
Leica offers the only serious 35 mm manual focus SLR gear.

And there are varying accounts as to the accuracy of even the latest AF.
I'd really want to test any AF confirmation before I felt confident relying
upon it.

> well, as is mentioned in my evaluation of the R8 motordrive on my web
> pages, it has to do with the placement of the right (seen from behind the
> camera) strap attachment to the body. Somehow the neck strap always gets
> entangled with your finger when you want to action the release button on
> the camera. Only solved with the R8 motordrive. I used to live with it
> but after having used the motordrive (and not experiencing this issue for
> some time), it now seems even more annoying at those times when I use the
> camera without motordrive!

Interesting.  It's these little ergonomic issues that can truly drive you
nuts; I hope someone from Solms is listening.  Good to know the motor-drive
is a usable workaround for you.

Dan

Replies: Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] R series)