Subject: Re: [Leica] Moscow info
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 07:51:52 -0700

Roland Smith wrote in answer to Pacal question:

> shopping area a few blocks from the Kremlin<<<:

Hi Pascal,
As Roland has mentioned the Arbat street shopping do not miss this street!
It will blow your mind with all kinds of goodies which includes an amazing
collection of cameras and knock off look-a-likes.

 I purchased a Leica knock off, a Contax 111, a Contax 111 look a-like and I
paid  in USD $6.00 for the Leica clone, $8.00 for the Contax and the third
one was $8.00 because it looked almost brand new and my "body keeper"
;-)couldn't barter the vendor down anymore, as he originally asked $10.00.

(For those of you interested in "body keeper" it was created by the young
Russian who was my guide, confident and became a friend, because he couldn't
find "body guard" in his Russian-English dictionary.

Alexandre was a survivor of the Chernobyl power plant nuclear disaster, one
of three from inside the plant the night of the accident. He was my "body
keeper" and carried my equipment bag every where, would never leave it
hidden even in the trunk of his car, certainly after I told him how much the
value was in USD.

Unfortunately Alexandre, 26 years, has since pasted away from injuries due
to the effects of the radiation explosion.) A great loss indeed.

So anyone going to Moscow do the Arbat street visit as it's quite an amazing
place for pictures and those practicing SP will go out of their minds with
subjects.
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant