Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson Printer Replacement
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:32:52 -0500

>My 3-year-old Epson just bit the dust this weekend (you'd be amazed at how
>many tiny parts are in one of those things...), and I need a replacement.
>I've looked for response to the 980, which is the one I'm inclining toward
>(come on, Eileen), but can't find much feedback from users (LUG archives,
>etc) on it. Would anyone on the LUG care to steer me closer or farther from
>this printer? I'd like to pick up a printer which I could upgrade to Cone
>quadtone someday in the future, and one that won't break the bank now (the
>980 is at US$200 after the rebate).
>
>Many thanks.

I'd look at the 870.
It is recently replaced by a newer model.
I've seen the for $179. Try outpost.com.

Its a 6 color printer and will do a better job for photos than the 980.
If you want color and B&W.

If you  only want B&W look for an 860 and then buy Piezo for it.
Lots more money though.

In long term investment thinking no printers qualify. You'll be buying
another in a couple of years.

Henry