Subject: RE: [Leica] Riots etc.
From: "Jay Burleson" <jayburleson@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:07:43 -0700

Paul wrote:
> Segue - what do police do with digital cameras where there's no film to
tear out? Pull out the micro drive and hold it up to the light?
True story - I know a Black Star free-lancer from his visits to the local
pro store. He was shooting with a new (to him) digital slr in South America.
Got into a place where he shouldn't have been. Several angry men in
bandannas and machine guns demanded his film. So, he pushed a couple of
buttons, mad a quiet humming sound for 10 sec or so, and with a little
sleight of had, pulled out a roll of Kodak Gold he had stashed in his
pocket, and handed it over. Suddenly, everyone was friends, and they didn't
care when he made "practice" photos with his "empty" camera! He almost got
caught before he remembered to turn off the LCD screen...

Jay Burleson
"Smoke me a kipper boys, I'll be back for breakfast!"
http://home.earthlink.net/~jayburleson/index.html