Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 serial number
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 16:16:17 +0200

César Bernardo wrote:

> Why, do you think there are more quality on the products made at Germany?
> You are wrong and I invite you to visit the factory at Vila Nova de
> Famalicão - Portugal, to verify the professionalism.
>
> Many luggers think there no quality at the leica products made at Portugal.
> I´m sad for it.
>
> The Leica M6 from this year on will be made in Portugal, and I ask you if
> you are going to stop buying it?

Cèsar,

All the persons I know that have visited the Leica Portugal factory told me
that they were more impressed by it than by Solms Factory.
And the reputation of the management there is outstanding.

I think we should be glad that the major part of the M6 is assembled in
Portugal.

Lucien

Replies: Reply from César Bernardo <cesar.photo@clix.pt> (Re: [Leica] Portugal [WAS: R8 SN, NOW: "where made!"])
Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> ([Leica] Portugal [WAS: R8 SN, NOW: "where made!"])