Subject: RE: [Leica] A Leica-less Wedding - never again (long)
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:37:20 -0700

> IMO, one needs to have the heart of a lion to take on a wedding photo
> assignment (i.e. if you are an amateur) as an official
> photographer. Too
> many things can go wrong on that day and Murphy's Law really
> exist. The
> disappointment of poor results and the dents to the ego and
> friendship are
> not worth it.

That's why so many wedding photogs shoot to a formula.  The more you control the variables, the less there is to go wrong.  Unfortunately, those "variables" are things like people, emotions, spontaneity, all that good stuff.  Being an enthusiastic amateur at a wedding has its appeal, for sure.  Responsibility?  We don' need no steenkin' responsibility!

Paul

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] A Leica-less Wedding - never again (long))