Subject: Re: [Leica] A Leica-less Wedding - never again (long)
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:43:01 -0400

Paul Chefurka wrote:

> That's why so many wedding photogs shoot to a formula.  The more you control the variables, the less there is to go wrong.  Unfortunately, those "variables" are things like people, emotions, spontaneity, all that good stuff.  Being an enthusiastic amateur at a wedding has its appeal, for sure.  Responsibility?  We don' need no steenkin' responsibility!
>
> Paul

Paul - I'd rudely suggest that the reason most wedding photographers
stick too a formular is that the vast majority are barely competent to
do that, and if they attempted to do anything original, exciting,
stimulating (worthwhile), they'd make a total mess of it. ;-) Which is
to say they are "by the book" photogaphers, who have memorized all the
formulae for lighting, exposure, etc. etc., and for how to position whom
where to take which shot...But give them an M - there, I'm on topic -
and a dozen rolls of film and say 'go make memorable photos of this
wedding, and DO NOT disturb anyone at the wedding while you're doing
it," and they'd give you the deer-in-the-headlights look and head for
the nearest bar...

B. D.

Replies: Reply from "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com> (Re: [Leica] A Leica-less Wedding - never again (long))
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] A Leica-less Wedding - never again (long))