Subject: Re: [Leica] Other TTL flash system with R8, was: Nikon SB28 forM6TTL
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:13:43 -0500

>> > slow.
>><Snip> . The tests, not exhaustive or sceintific, that i have
>> done with the metz and the SB28 seem to indicate a longer recyle time in the
>> TTL mode. Typically I shoot with flash at f8 with the subject never any more
>> than 10 feet away but usually 5 to 6 feet. Also would like to add that I
>> hate using any flash and am certainly no expert on the subject.
>>
>> sl
>
> Hey guys why would the recycle time be slower in TTL mode than A mode?
> I don't see any logic in that!!!
>

> Mark Rabiner
> to be continued....

This is my test......mount flash on F3HP, set shutter on X, f5.6, set strobe
on TTL. Then press button on motor drive continuos till flash fails.

Do the same thing again except set strobe on Automatic, press button on
motor drive continuos, flash keeps going much much longer.

I think the reason is on automatic there is no sensor trying to figure out
your exposure.

sl

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Other TTL flash system with R8, was: Nikon SB28forM6TTL)
Reply from "Tom Furlotte" <tfurlott@midsouth.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Other TTL flash system with R8, was: Nikon SB28 forM6TTL)