Subject: Re: [Leica] Dangerous Situation
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 25 Apr 2001 12:10:53 -0700

On Wed, 25 April 2001, "B. D. Colen" wrote:

> > Here's a snapshot of a recent dangerous situation . . .
> >
> > http://www.sonc.com/poisoniv.htm
> >
> > This is NOT my Pic O' the week.
> >
> > Regards,
> > SonC
>
> Forget Friday The 13th. Forget Scary Movie. Forget Halloween. Forget
> Blair Witch.
> THIS is one terrifying picture!!! (When I was a kid, before I had the
> series of poison ivy shots that were, then, almost as painful as rabies
> shots, I could get poison ivy from touching the bare branches in the
> winter, or from evening being in the neighborhood of a place like this!)
>
> B. D.

OTOH I have a friend who is totally immune to it.  He'd lead tour groups in parks and describe the plant life to everyone.  Grabbing a fistfull of Poison Ivy he'd ask the group if they knew what the plant was, always saying "Now, don't you try this.  I'm immune to the stuff."

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe