Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: HexarRF User Group
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:28:46 +0100

It's a Usenet newsgroup.

From what I can remember when I used Usenet and was a member, any mention of
Leica would result in a tread of several hundred messages. These would be
split into one of two camps. Those who owned, or wanted to own, Leicas
saying how wonderful the cameras and lenses were, and those who didn't own
Leicas saying that they were overpriced pieces of jewellery. Believe me, the
flames that we sometimes get here were _nothing_ in comparison to the
religious wars that occurred in that newsgroup.

Steve