Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Heliopan Filters
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:18:27 -0400

> >>Hi Luggers,
> >
> >What do you think about Heliopan Filters? are they good filters
> for leica
> >lenses?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Cesar Bernardo
>

> Yes, exceptionally good. All except the UV filters.
>
> Jim

Very funny Jim.  I did get a good chuckle out of your dry humor.

The Heliopan UV filters are equally as "exceptionally good", as far as
filter quality goes.  You stumbled into a 'hot' topic.  Some people here
believe using only a fool would use a UV filter merely for protecting a
multi-thousand dollar lense, and some believe only a fool would not use some
sort of protection for a multi-thousand dollar lense...and some people
believe the whole topic is foolish.

To answer your question with no bias as to which 'fool' is the 'fool', I
would say Heliopan filters (even the UVs ;-) are as good as any, B&W are
also very good too.