Subject: [Leica] re-leica lens cleaning tissues
From: Tristan Tom <tristan@tristantom.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:00:03 -0700

anyone tried a product called lenspen <http://www.lenspen.com/ >? it
has a lens brush on one end and a leather like chamois thingy on the
other. i use one and it seems to work ok i guess.

now if i could only get the saw dust flake out of my M6 viewfinder! i
gotta stop photographing at dusty construction sites... how the heck
does dust enter the viewfinder anyway?

Tristan Tom

<<hear hear! count me in too. i tried using lens tissues with a blue Bausch
& Lomb logo on the outside and it COMPLETELY messed up my lenses, I los a
lot of sharpness and contrast in the images and my subjects seemed very
jittery and as though they had neither trust nor respect for me any
longer. i immediately sent the lenses to leica N.J. and they returned
them, untouched,  saying that _using non leica lens cleaning tissues
voided my warrenty_ -- photographers beware! those off-brand lens cleaning
cloths are likely to be made in taiwan or china rather than the leitz
brand cloths, which are made in china or taiwan.

kc>>