Subject: [Leica] 75 Summilux decision and thanks to all
From: "Brent Dorsett" <brentd@nyct.net>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 13:01:26 -0400

I want to thank all of you who gave their opinion. It was very helpful. Many
of them addressed my prime concern, which was the optical quality. I do a
lot of travel photography in the wine producing areas of Europe and the US
for publication and I'm a stickler for quality. Currently I use the 21, 28,
35 A-cron, 3E, 90E, TE and Apo Telyt M. As you can see -- top quality but
not too fast, so I was looking for a fast lens on the longer side. I was not
sure about the optical qualities of this design.

Ken Hansen was having the Leica demo day so I had to decide that day. I did
buy the 75. Picked it up this morning and it's a beautiful piece of glass,
less heavy in the hand than I expected. Now I find out how it performs.

Again, thanks you all,

Brent